• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE][ROOT] Root your LG L70! (MS323)

This guide is designed for the Metro PCS version of the L70, but it should work for any version of the L70.

You retain all responsibility of your phone, and should you brick it , that is your fault. (Although I'm 99.9% sure you won't)

1. Go to towelroot by geohot and download the tr.apk file (Click the Lambada)
2. Put said .apk file onto your phone and install (Need to have "Unknown sources" checked in the "Security" tab of your settings)
3. Press the "Make it Ra1n" button
4. Wait until your phone restarts (It will do so automatically)
5. Congratulations, your phone is now rooted!
for some reasonim hving a hard time rooting myLGMS323 from metro pcs it keeps saying my phone is unsupported why ?????

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i cant seem to figure out how to download the flashtool and kdz file and make them work?? is there a difference when using 7zip and winrar? cause i use 7zip, also i need like step by step instructions on how to download these because i've tried about four times now to download the files and they wont work thank you for your help

Upvote 0
This guide is designed for the Metro PCS version of the L70, but it should work for any version of the L70.

You retain all responsibility of your phone, and should you brick it , that is your fault. (Although I'm 99.9% sure you won't)

1. Go to towelroot by geohot and download the tr.apk file (Click the Lambada)
2. Put said .apk file onto your phone and install (Need to have "Unknown sources" checked in the "Security" tab of your settings)
3. Press the "Make it Ra1n" button
4. Wait until your phone restarts (It will do so automatically)
5. Congratulations, your phone is now rooted!

Hi i have this phone and i only have like 2gb of internal storage.. so i bought a 8gb micro sd and tryed rooting by following your steps and still nothing... it says phone isnt accepted

Upvote 0
I.was able to downgrade and root just fine. My question is can you stop the device from emulating the sdcard. I have a sdcard in it but it's emulating half the internal memory as a sdcard which I would like to change. Anyone had any luck stopping this do I need to trying partion? Thanks in advance.
The only way I know is flash a ROM that disables it. Like PAC kk

Upvote 0
The only way I know is flash a ROM that disables it. Like PAC kk

Thanks for answering . I have never heard of PAC kk. Could you point me in the right direction? Would you recommend this? I Bought another phone as I was unimpressed with this emulated sdcard crap. Seems like they are trying to screw the customers to make them buy more expensive phones by blocking the real sd port and emulating it with the internal memory. Which gives you 2 gigs and after all the bloatware you are left with 500mb. I will never buy a metro phone again 60 bucks wasted imo. I let my kids use it for games now lol but if I could flash it to use the sdcard to install games at least they could download more than 4 games thanks for the info

Upvote 0
Towelroot doesn't work with LG L70 ms323 1040c

I purchased the L70 MS323 from MetroPCS today. I can't find the firmware version anywhere. TR didn't work on my device, either.

Any other root methods for this device?

This is what I found when I dug around Settings.

W5AI7s.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones