• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moving on...

Bad_MOFO_33

Android Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
So I dropped my phone today, no display now. So im sorry to say i am moving on. Just ordered the Blu Life One X, on sale for $99 through the end of tonight. http://www.bluproducts.com/#

Its been fun, and a great learning experience. The Lg Volt community is great. And id like to thank everyone for your dedication and support

So I dropped my phone today, no display now. So im sorry to say i am moving on. Just ordered the Blu Life One X, on sale for $99 through the end of tonight. http://www.bluproducts.com/#

Its been fun, and a great learning experience. The Lg Volt community is great. And id like to thank everyone for your dedication and support

Thank you so much for all the support. Looks like I'm gonna have to order the S4 or S5 or Nexus 5 since the LG Volt ROM support is pretty much over. I appreciate a great deal for what you did.

Reactions: Bad_MOFO_33
Upvote 0
I'm gonna be moving on to the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4/S5 and creating and working on ROMs on that as well. Building another pc so i can go back to making ROMs. I recommend everyone upgrade their phone since this one is gonna lose alot of support. Like the LG stylo or Volt 2. I hear those are getting some support. Or any of the phones I'm getting.

Upvote 0
Wow, that's a shame :( your work here has breathed new life into an already awesome device, and you kinda inspired me to get into ROM building myself. Without you, nine of what we have now could exist.

With that being said... What will happen to all your work? Will it become open sourced, as others have mentioned/requested? Or will you pass it off to another dev? Whichever the case, I know a few of us still have working dev machines and can continue to work on this device.

We all wish you luck with your next device, and hope your work (if you become a dev for your new phone) is just as appreciated (if not more so) there as it is here.

Reactions: andMego
Upvote 0
Might have to confiscate my daughters phone just to keep things going. Thanks for the appreciation, but know that it was more if a collaborative effort than just me.

I will also post my sources even though nothing is working for cm13. I should have a newer cm 12.1 build uploaded tommorrow.

Upvote 0
This version is the latest or am I missing something?

Attachments

• 1450028946223.jpg
    1450028946223.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the work you have done!! Hope that mediatek works out for you; for me, the processor is one of the worst i have tried out of allwinner, rockchip, qualcomm, and Texas Inst. I have the quad core version at 1.3ghz with a powerVR gpu and the processor is to slow to play games lmao also it cant even standby for more then a day. i bricked the tablet and there is no way to recover this one i have so i sent it back for replacement, and havent even touched it since. I would try there 2ghz+ chips next time and remember that processor count 8 cpu doesnt matter if the software your using doesn't utilize it.
notice how the new ARM chips dropped most of the cores! even back down to dual core for top tier chip.
http://mediatek-helio.com/x20/

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your work on the Volt. I actually ordered the same phone but missed out on the sale and had to pay $149. I killed my volt also so I started using my Blu Life One LTE I've had laying around. Its pretty decent but wanted a bit more storage and Ram so I decided to try the Life One X. Hopefully it's a decent phone. Stuck waiting for it to come back in stock so let me know how you like it if you get yours first.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your work on the Volt. I actually ordered the same phone but missed out on the sale and had to pay $149. I killed my volt also so I started using my Blu Life One LTE I've had laying around. Its pretty decent but wanted a bit more storage and Ram so I decided to try the Life One X. Hopefully it's a decent phone. Stuck waiting for it to come back in stock so let me know how you like it if you get yours first.
Mine isnt expected till Jan 4-8th

Reactions: andMego
Upvote 0
Hey Bad_mofo again thanks for being help full in here..i order that phone first day you posted it.Anyway my question is since this come with lollipop and newest update already announced. Is it worth mod,root adding rom in such
Probably root would only be necessary. As far as roms go, not really needed, but i will probably try, it's in my nature to try to fix things that aren't broken

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones