• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just throwing this out there: Cm13 for g2 mini sources

Screenshot from 2016-01-16 23:26:38.png
android_kernel_lge_msm8226/arch/arm/boot/dts/

there is no msm8226-x5_spr_us

You mean this?

Upvote 0
He also manged to clean up The folder at /arch/arm/mach-msm/lge but deleted our configs....
here is my version. thinking about it i probably should of only deleted non msm8226 from the make files but the files correct these are source files fyi dont need x5 open either i was just keepin it for reference
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=42791186579530768767

i attempted to clean up mach-msm for the sake of our brains but it is a lot of work just gotta make sure he didnt clean us out.
makefile.boot was easy however... lmao
Code:
# MSM8226
   zreladdr-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    := 0x00008000
ifeq ($(CONFIG_MACH_LGE),y)
else # not CONFIG_MACH_LGE
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-sim.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-fluid.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v1-cdp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v1-mtp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v1-qrd-evt.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v1-qrd-dvt.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v2-720p-cdp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v2-1080p-cdp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v2-720p-mtp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v2-1080p-mtp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v2-qrd-evt.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v2-qrd-dvt.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8926-720p-cdp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8926-1080p-cdp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8926-720p-mtp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8926-1080p-mtp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8926-qrd.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8926-qrd-skug.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v1-qrd-skuf.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += msm8226-v2-qrd-skuf.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += apq8026-v1-xpm.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += apq8026-v1-cdp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += apq8026-v1-mtp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += apq8026-v2-xpm.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += apq8026-v2-720p-cdp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += apq8026-v2-1080p-cdp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += apq8026-v2-720p-mtp.dtb
    dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MSM8226)    += apq8026-v2-1080p-mtp.dtb
endif # not CONFIG_MACH_LGE

in the kconfig we gotta save these files
Code:
config ARCH_MSM8226
    bool "MSM8226"
    select ARM_GIC
    select GIC_SECURE
    select ARCH_MSM_CORTEXMP
    select CPU_V7
    select MSM_SCM
    select MAY_HAVE_SPARSE_IRQ
    select SPARSE_IRQ
    select MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
    select ARM_TICKET_LOCKS
    select GPIO_MSM_V3
    select MSM_GPIOMUX
    select MSM_NATIVE_RESTART
    select MSM_RESTART_V2
    select MSM_QDSP6_APRV2
    select MSM_QDSP6V2_CODECS
    select MSM_AUDIO_QDSP6V2 if SND_SOC
    select QMI_ENCDEC
    select MSM_RPM_SMD
    select MSM_SPM_V2
    select MSM_L2_SPM
    select MSM_PM if PM
    select MEMORY_HOLE_CARVEOUT
    select MSM_BUS_SCALING
    select MSM_CORTEX_A7
    select CPU_FREQ_MSM
    select CPU_FREQ
    select MSM_PIL
    select MSM_RUN_QUEUE_STATS
    select ARM_HAS_SG_CHAIN
    select REGULATOR
    select MSM_RPM_REGULATOR_SMD
    select MSM_SPM_REGULATOR
    select MSM_JTAG_MM if CORESIGHT_ETM
    select MSM_CPR_REGULATOR
    select MSM_RPM_LOG
    select MSM_RPM_STATS_LOG
    select ARCH_WANT_KMAP_ATOMIC_FLUSH
    select ENABLE_VMALLOC_SAVINGS

and who ever wrote the make file needs to get smacked that coding is so ugly... it made me give up for today lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
whats this?
&mdss_fb0 {
qcom,memory-reservation-size = <0x400000>; /* LGE chagne to decrease buffer size. QCT original -> 0x800000 */
i converted that to decimal (4194304) im assuming its bits.. so they dropped it from 1mb buffer to like 512kb roughly. wounder if we set it back to default =P im hungery for bootloops or higher 3dmark
i seen this though https://gitlab.com/k2wl/g2_kernel/commit/1981247fbeaf0a270e1c039d5a55727542d71878
who better qcomm(set it) or moto(forget it).. lg cant spell(meh lets do half)

hey can one of the kernel devs tell me if this touch driver is needed? i see it listed under our configs but when i look at the touchscreen make file it isnt listed under s336. is it depreciated? or maybe a they forgot to add it? cm13 doesnt load it, our source calls it at atmel_ihex_files but the x5 config calls S2A47P1_2_07.fw specifically. there is also ic2?
cm13 missing S2A47P1_2_07.fw and some atmel_s336 files

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zezill
Upvote 0
whats this?
&mdss_fb0 {
qcom,memory-reservation-size = <0x400000>; /* LGE chagne to decrease buffer size. QCT original -> 0x800000 */
i converted that to decimal (4194304) im assuming its bits.. so they dropped it from 1mb buffer to like 512kb roughly. wounder if we set it back to default =P im hungery for bootloops or higher 3dmark
i seen this though https://gitlab.com/k2wl/g2_kernel/commit/1981247fbeaf0a270e1c039d5a55727542d71878

hey can one of the kernel devs tell me if this touch driver is needed? i see it listed under our configs but when i look at the touchscreen make file it isnt listed under s336. is it depreciated? or maybe a they forgot to add it? cm13 doesnt load it, our source calls it at atmel_ihex_files but the x5 config calls S2A47P1_2_07.fw specifically. there is also ic2?
any luck on this?

Upvote 0
so with a device and vendor tree set that I modified and bad_mofo_33's kernel work, I can get the device to boot. it optimizes apps and starts services, and then all of a sudden the powerhal dies. im still looking into this, if anyone wants what I have as a starting point to build from lemme know.

Upvote 0
so with a device and vendor tree set that I modified and bad_mofo_33's kernel work, I can get the device to boot. it optimizes apps and starts services, and then all of a sudden the powerhal dies. im still looking into this, if anyone wants what I have as a starting point to build from lemme know.

You mean the device powers off as if there was no battery (or battery was dead)? I saw something similar when I made incorrect edits to the KitKat kernel, can you post the copy of the DTS and DTSI files you have created for the Volt?

Upvote 0
You mean the device powers off as if there was no battery (or battery was dead)? I saw something similar when I made incorrect edits to the KitKat kernel, can you post the copy of the DTS and DTSI files you have created for the Volt?

absolutely, thats what its doing. the screen powers off and the phone acts like its dead, but constantly spams new popups of partitions being opened through mtp on the phone. I suspect it has something to do with CONFIG_LGE_PM_CHARGING_TEMP_SCENARIO_V1_8 throwing errors when enabled because of lge_charging_scenario_sprint.c being used instead of lge_charging_scenario.c, but kernel stuff just confuses me more than anything. I'm more of a device and vendor tree kind of guy myself.

im zipping up my source and will post it when uploaded.

Reactions: Ph0enix_216
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
here you go, device and vendor are modified from w7 (quarx) and kernel is bad_mofo_33

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636000102

Is this kernel the same as used in CM12.1 by bad_mofo_33? If so you better check the DTS files again, they are different. For example, why are there msm8226-v1-x5.dts and msm8226-v2-x5.dts? Those files did not exist in other LG Volt kernels AFAIK, why did you make that change? Those files point to a different lge-common DTS file, I suppect the issue is in there. I still have to set up my build environment to try a build myself but maybe you can get a working build going with the above info.

EDIT: I'm researching this, never compiled a whole ROM before. It's more involved, so maybe I'm wrong with my assumptions. I'll get a build environment going to try a CM 13 build over the weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: andMego
Upvote 0
Is this kernel the same as used in CM12.1 by bad_mofo_33? If so you better check the DTS files again, they are different. For example, why are there msm8226-v1-x5.dts and msm8226-v2-x5.dts? Those files did not exist in other LG Volt kernels AFAIK, why did you make that change? Those files point to a different lge-common DTS file, I suppect the issue is in there. I still have to set up my build environment to try a build myself but maybe you can get a working build going with the above info.

EDIT: I'm researching this, never compiled a whole ROM before. It's more involved, so maybe I'm wrong with my assumptions. I'll get a build environment going to try a CM 13 build over the weekend.
I've got the source code all setup, I can do it tonight if you can tell me which changes exactly you want to make.

Upvote 0

I used what bad_mofo provided me that he was working on for cm13. Dunno where it came from other than that. Also I can easily rebuild if you have any edits you wanna throw in, takes me about an hour for a full clean cm13 build now with the new i7, ssd and 20gb RAM.

I fought with quarx's cm13 kernel for about a day until I got fed up and asked bad mofo for what he was working on kernel wise. I can try to go back to cm13 msm8226 source if needed.

Also it only takes me 4 minutes to build the kernel from scratch, so if you have any ideas absolutely lemme help build.

Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm coming at this from another angle, trying to port from the 8226 devices already in cyanogenmod. I just got a basic test build booting, but not much working yet. It still think it's a GSM device. But it's at least VERY quick. I'll post source once I work out a few hiccups in compilation.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dfe5739cq99qfq3/cm-13.0-20160417-UNOFFICIAL-x5.zip
Thanks so much. For many people no service is fine since they are using this as a WiFi only device (I'm not).

Reactions: JoshD
Upvote 0
I'm coming at this from another angle, trying to port from the 8226 devices already in cyanogenmod. I just got a basic test build booting, but not much working yet. It still think it's a GSM device. But it's at least VERY quick. I'll post source once I work out a few hiccups in compilation.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dfe5739cq99qfq3/cm-13.0-20160417-UNOFFICIAL-x5.zip

Awesome! Absolutely post source, I'll throw in and help on the device and vendor trees. Should be able to get it up to par with cm12. Did you use quarx's w7 cyanogenmod kernel and if you did, how did you get past the qpnp_charger build errors? That's what had me stuck.

Also you should apply for your developer tag here, let your flair show the work you've done.

Reactions: andMego and JoshD
Upvote 0
Thanks so much. For many people no service is fine since they are using this as a WiFi only device (I'm not).
So far it boots & runs though a little sluggish. The home button won't stop flashing, no WiFi, the buttons settings menu restarted my phone once, the security menu fc's settings & the camera app can't connect to the camera. That's all I've had the chance to test so far. This isn't a complaint or anything, just a what's working/not working thing. It's nice to see CM13 running on the Volt, nice work.
[edit]
Hit the home button after checking something & CM rebooted. I'd post a logcat but I don't have one yet.

Upvote 0
Awesome! Absolutely post source, I'll throw in and help on the device and vendor trees. Should be able to get it up to par with cm12. Did you use quarx's w7 cyanogenmod kernel and if you did, how did you get past the qpnp_charger build errors? That's what had me stuck.

Also you should apply for your developer tag here, let your flair show the work you've done.
I used the CM13 msm8226 kernel, which is based on quarx. Didn't hit the qpnp_charger issue.

You'd think after four years I would have looked into the dev tag. I just assumed the mods would notice and bestow it at some point. How do I apply?

Well, I plugged it in to try to pull a logcat & my computer crashed, I can't remember the exact error but it was related to lgandnetmodem64.sys
I had that issue once before with an experimental CM12.1 build. I *think* it's because the test build is using g2m's libraries. It's just a proof of concept/bare bones so far, no need to troubleshoot :)

Reactions: andMego and JoshD
Upvote 0
I had that issue once before with an experimental CM12.1 build. I *think* it's because the test build is using g2m's libraries. It's just a proof of concept/bare bones so far, no need to troubleshoot :)
I know, just giving some heads up since my phone seems to be one of the goofy ones so who knows what might pop up on it :)

Either way, went back to my 12.1 backup for now but it was fun to test for a minute.

Upvote 0
whats this?
&mdss_fb0 {

I can confirm that we need both files for the touchscreen. I've uh... learned that from first hand experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones