• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a way to disable UI font color adaptation?

Hi there! I was wondering if there is a way to disable the automatic UI text adaptation? There are brighter wallpapers that I want to apply to my home and my lock screen, however doing so also changes all of the text to black, which I don't want. I understand that they do this likely to improve visibility, but I don't like how much the text stands out against the background, so if I was able to keep it white even with brighter backgrounds that would be excellent. I have a non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S8+.

well not sure if it is a s8 issue or not, but with my note 8 (updated to pie) i do not have this issue. of course i'm using nova prime as my main launcher. i never liked either touchwiz or one ui. like dannydet said you can try getting different launchers. they are very customizable, small in size, and should not slow down your device. some will have their own lock screen customization as well.

other then that, i'm not sure exactly what would be causing text color to change.

Back
Top Bottom