• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 black screen

Hi all
I have s7 never dropped it or not water damaged. A few wks ago i had to turn fne off as was in a meeting. When i turned it back on screen was black although fne was working. Mesages calls etc were coming thru but i cudnt respond as screen was black. After 6 hrs of googling i managed to get screen bak. Again other day i turned fone off. But havent bn able to get screen up. I have exhausted every avenue. From draining battery. Volume down and power ive went thru every single thing to try. Ive even bn able to guess where smart view is on fne and connect to tv. I dnt want to leave fne in to get fixed cus i know its a glitch maybe with an app or something causing this problem and not the lcd or digitizer. Any help would be great thank you

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

can you get into safe mode?
1.power the device off
2.press and hold power until you see the samsung s7 logo
3.press and hold the volume down button releasing the power button
4,.continue to hold the vol down button until it is fully booted
5.release the vol down key when you see safe mode at the bottom left part of the screen

this will boot you into safe mode. if everything appears normal then you can get out of it by powering off the device and press and hold the power button. once it starts to reboot, you should be out of safe mode. you might have to try this a few times to get out of safe mode.

if you are still having issues and can get into safe mode, i would recommend a factory reset. it should fix most issues if it is a software glitch.

If you think it's software related, can you see the recovery screen? If so I'd recommend doing a wipe/reset. (If you need to back up first you could connect to a computer and use Samsung Kies).
If you're not sure how to access recovery you can do it as below:
  1. Power Off the Galaxy S7
  2. When Completely Off, Press and Hold the Power Button, Home Button, and Volume Up Button at the Same Time
  3. Continue Holding These Three Buttons Until You See the Blue “Recovery Booting” Text at the Top Right
  4. Wait While the Galaxy S7 Boots into Recovery Mode
  5. Then Use the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Buttons to Navigation the Galaxy S7 Recovery Mode Menu

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

can you get into safe mode?
1.power the device off
2.press and hold power until you see the samsung s7 logo
3.press and hold the volume down button releasing the power button
4,.continue to hold the vol down button until it is fully booted
5.release the vol down key when you see safe mode at the bottom left part of the screen

this will boot you into safe mode. if everything appears normal then you can get out of it by powering off the device and press and hold the power button. once it starts to reboot, you should be out of safe mode. you might have to try this a few times to get out of safe mode.

if you are still having issues and can get into safe mode, i would recommend a factory reset. it should fix most issues if it is a software glitch.
Ive tried all of this nothing works.as i said in my thread this has happened a few times but was able to getthe screen up again this time no. I no its defo a glitch and not lcd or digitizer. Ive even tried to access fone via usb to pc but wont let me access it cus phne has pin lock.

If you think it's software related, can you see the recovery screen? If so I'd recommend doing a wipe/reset. (If you need to back up first you could connect to a computer and use Samsung Kies).
If you're not sure how to access recovery you can do it as below:
  1. Power Off the Galaxy S7
  2. When Completely Off, Press and Hold the Power Button, Home Button, and Volume Up Button at the Same Time
  3. Continue Holding These Three Buttons Until You See the Blue “Recovery Booting” Text at the Top Right
  4. Wait While the Galaxy S7 Boots into Recovery Mode
  5. Then Use the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Buttons to Navigation the Galaxy S7 Recovery Mode Menu
It was kies i tried to use but said phne was locked so they couldnt access my phone

The only thing that responds is volume down and power that turns phne bak on at which notification lites flash and hear sounds etc. I can even answer video calls on whatsapp . All i did was turned off fone other day and that was it black screen ever since

so you flashed the stock firmware? and nothing? you might have a hardware issue then as that should have fixed any software issues.

as stated from the previous link:
Get Technical Support
If none of the methods have worked in trying to get the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge screen to turn on, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damage. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.

yeah sorry about that. devs move on sometimes with devices and file sharing is only supported for so long. unfortunately u might be SOL at this point....maybe time for an upgrade?:thinking:

It was kies i tried to use but said phne was locked so they couldnt access my phone

Can you boot into recovery and see the recovery screen as per my instructions or does the screen remain black?
If you can't see anything on the screen when accessing the recovery or download mode then it's gonna be a hardware or physical connection issue (IMO)...
FYI access download mode as below:
Power Off the Galaxy S7
Then Press and Hold the Power Button, Home Button and Volume Down Button at the Same Time
When You See the Download Mode Menu/Warning Message, Let Go of These Three Buttons
At the Warning Screen, Press the Volume Up Button to Bypass the Warning Message

Can you boot into recovery and see the recovery screen as per my instructions or does the screen remain black?
If you can't see anything on the screen when accessing the recovery or download mode then it's gonna be a hardware or physical connection issue (IMO)...
FYI access download mode as below:
Power Off the Galaxy S7
Then Press and Hold the Power Button, Home Button and Volume Down Button at the Same Time
When You See the Download Mode Menu/Warning Message, Let Go of These Three Buttons
At the Warning Screen, Press the Volume Up Button to Bypass the Warning Message
Screen stays black regardless of attempting all procedures

Back
Top Bottom