• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My screen keeps going dark

Cinque8

Hello,

I have a Nokia 3.1 phone running Android 8.1.0. Over a dozen times I have accidentally touched or pressed my screen and it went dark. I know how to go into the settings and restore the brightness, but is there a way that I can retouch or press the screen to restore the brightness?

Thank you

I think the real question is why is it doing this. Have you investigated to work out where you are touching it that is dimming the screen?

When I read the subject line I assumed this was temporary (e.g. covering the light sensor), but if you have to enter the brightness controls to fix it that suggests that you are somehow changing the settings when you touch the screen, so we need to work out how that is happening in order to fix it.

So you're probably covering the light sensor, and if brightness is set to auto the screen will dim. It's supposed to come back up if uncover it or the ambient light increases. Maybe it's a firmware bug that Nokia needs to fix?

Back
Top Bottom