• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volume turning off media

Dee Willis

Lurker
Hey! So I've only just noticed that my phone has been doing this so it's a new" issue" to me anyway.

When I turn the sound either up or down on my phone using the volume control buttons on the side of the phone whatever I am listening to or watching turns off or pauses until I turn it back on. I've never known a phone to do this before and I don't know if it's a setting that I can change or if this is a real issue that needs to be fixed by a patch update or something.

Can anyone help?

It shouldn't pause or stop completely when adjusting the volume. That doesn't sound right to me. Could be it's a firmware or app bug?

Samsungs do have a volume limiter, which should give you an on-screen popup warning when you try and turn the volume up too loud. But that shouldn't stop it playing completely

It shouldn't pause or stop completely when adjusting the volume. That doesn't sound right to me. Could be it's a firmware or app bug?

Samsungs do have a volume limiter, which should give you an on-screen popup warning when you try and turn the volume up too loud. But that shouldn't stop it playing completely

Yeah, I still get that message from time to time but clicking the volume button puts my Google Play Music app and Youtube app on pause and that's also when I'm using my galaxy buds or any kind of headset. I've been with Samsung since the S5 and this has never happened before. I didn't think it could be a new feature because that would be the most aggravating feature ever so I think it's a firmware issue as well. Turning my volume up to max didn't really reset anything either unfortunately.

ok so after doing some research it might be caused by a third party app. one way to find out is to boot into samsung's safe mode. if it still is doing it in safe mode then yes it might be a software issue. but if the issue is fixed in safe mode then it is most likely a 3rd party app interfering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom