• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon gift card problem

Rgarner

Android Expert
I got an Amazon gift card for $25. I am trying to place an order with it but instead it wants me to use a credit or debit card. How do I make it use the gift card? The amount is less than $25.

Did you add the gift card to your Amazon account?
If so, at the checkout page, it will give you the option to use your gift card that you added.

If you got a 25 dollar gift card, why is it less than 25 dollars? Is there a remaining balance on the card? Did you already add the card to your Amazon account?

open either amazon app or in your web browser. find amazon settings (it should be 3 lines called the hamburger, and it should be near the top) under your account their should be a gift card option.

edit:ooops i miss read your post.

yeah like mikedt said you have to have a credit card on file. by default it will use and gift card credit first and the remaining balanced left over will be on your card.

There was a card but it cannot be used now. The item I am trying to pay for is less than $25. I have added the $25 to the account. How do I force Amazon to use the gift card and nothing else?

Is the item you're buying being sold by Amazon? Also as already stated if it's Amazon selling it then they still need card info, they just won't charge anything to it as already stated. If it's not being sold by Amazon you may not be able to use the gift card.

It's definitely theirs. What they are apparently trying to do is charge it to a card which was available earlier but not currently. How do I convince them to bypass that and go straight to the gift card?

There was a card but it cannot be used now. The item I am trying to pay for is less than $25. I have added the $25 to the account. How do I force Amazon to use the gift card and nothing else?
I hope I'm following you correctly, but when you add your item to your cart, proceed to the very end it will ask you what method of payment you want to use. Choose your gift card
Capture.PNG

The only thing is the deal I wanted was actually from another site that links to it. I probably would not get the discount otherwise. It's also time limited. The only other thing is that the "dead" payment method will be most likely be revived soon.

Back
Top Bottom