• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Files on sd card

rcarr727

Lurker
Everytime my phone turns off and restarts all the music on my sd card disappears for at least one minute. Have had many note phones and never had this happen. Just curious if it's something I can change on my own or that's just the way it is.

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!

are you saying that they reappear after the minute is over? have you backed up your sd card? if you have not i would recommend that you do that. after its backed up, i would re-format the card and move everything back to it.

Yes I'm saying after the minute. All of my files say that they are on the sd card tho. I will try what you said. Thank you so much!

just curious, how often do you turn your phone on/off? i rarely turn mine off.....maybe once or twice a week. to many times is not good for the device.

i wonder if for that minute or so, your phone is writing temp files for your music.

Well I have it scheduled for automatic restart 3 times a week but I'm definitely going to take it down to once a week.

hmmmm i have the note 8 that just updated to pie, and i never really noticed anything like that, but of course i'm only rebooting every once in a while.

also maybe check your music player after it reboots and see if the app can see your music vs going straight to "my files"

Back
Top Bottom