• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG V35 / V40 Lens Switching While Recording

Peter K L

Lurker
I did not see a post about this issue with the V35, or really anything about the V35 except about the steep price drop in 6 months.

I was thinking about buying a V35 and eventually a V40. I was wondering if anyone knew if you would be able to program an app to allow lens switching while recording a video for the V35 and V40, like LG users were able to do with the V20 and V30. Also, I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to make such an app and release it publicly.

I figured the V35 would be more likely possible and easier to do, since it has two lenses like the V20 and V30.

I would appreciate your help.

ummmmm, you just did ......lol

i never owned an lg phone before, so i'm not sure what you mean by "allow lens switching"? what is that?
So I guess it's not against the rules, then.

The V20, V30, and V35 have two back lenses, one regular angle, one wide angle. On the V20 and V30, you had the option to switch lenses while recording a video. For whatever reason, they stopped that with the V35 and did not bring it back for the three back lenses of the V40 and V50.

I want to know if a third party app would be able to make the V35 do that, or even the V40.

So 3 cameras. Selfie on the front.
What are you saying? There are 3 lenses on the back of the V40 and V50, 2 on the back of the V20 and V30.

Establishing that did not answer my question. I do not understand what the point of your reply was especially when that information was searchable on Google.

Someone please help me.

Ok, in response to the OP's question, I did a little digging on the subject. Looks like it is technically possible to open video streams to multiple cameras simultaneously. This article explains how to do it

https://medium.com/androiddevelopers/getting-the-most-from-the-new-multi-camera-api-5155fb3d77d9

If anyone is prepared to develop such an app, then please respond in this thread. Please stay on topic.
Thank you so much! I do not know how this evaded me for so long. I guess I can't wait until LG finally releases Pie for their phones...

Back
Top Bottom