• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 9

I have an App which is working on Android 8 and older version of Android smoothly,but in android 9, it gives an error of “Connection Timeout”. What could be the problem?

I have an App which is working on Android 8 and older version of Android smoothly,but in android 9, it gives an error of “Connection Timeout”. What could be the problem?
Hi there, Saad, and welcome to Android Forums. We'll be happy to help, but we're going to need some information first.

Who is the manufacturer of your device?

Which model is it?

What app is it that you're having problems with?

What version is the app?

What are you attempting to do when the problem occurs?

Edit: Ninja!

Hi

It’s an e-commerce based app for my online mart (not available on play store) but the point is it is not working in android 9. I have tested it on one plus 6T, one plus 5t, and even on Android 9 emulator, it’s not working. On android 8 and older versions, it’s working smoothly. So what change I will have to do for making it work in android 9?

I have also attached screenshot

Attachments

• 3D6EEEB5-97A5-4566-9142-49D5C6954F43.jpeg
    3D6EEEB5-97A5-4566-9142-49D5C6954F43.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 34
Hi

It’s an e-commerce based app for my online mart (not available on play store) but the point is it is not working in android 9. I have tested it on one plus 6T, one plus 5t, and even on Android 9 emulator, it’s not working. On android 8 and older versions, it’s working smoothly. So what change I will have to do for making it work in android 9?

I have also attached screenshot

So do you have the source code for the app and you're developer of it, or at least know the developer? I'm not dev myself of course, but you may need to change something and rebuild the app. You may need to post your code here, and someone with dev experience maybe able to assist you.

Last edited:
If your running apps using an emulator keep in mind,emulators are emulating android snd may not emulate certain apps as they expected or could just be the app being unsupported for android 9 even it warns you before you install it about using a unsupported version of the app

Back
Top Bottom