• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to remove inbuilt app?

What do you mean "has inbuilt itself?". To me those words imply it did not come with the phone (or come as part of a system update) but has managed to install itself to the system partition. I've never heard of Touchpal doing that, nor should any app be able to with a modern version of Android (unless you are rooted). And although it's a bit rubbish I've never heard of it containing malware as you describe, so this is all a bit surprising.

If you just mean you can't uninstall it, check it isn't listed as a device administrator. If it is, untick that before trying to uninstall.

If it really is in /system you need root to remove it, or else reflash the device completely with the official firmware (provided that does not include this app itself).

i do not see how malware can install something like a system app on a phone that is no rooted. that would be some crazy and very sophisticated malware to install a system app onto your phone with out your permission.

why not try a simple factory reset and start over. that should delete whatever was installed.

Last edited:
i do not see how malware can install something like a system app on a phone that is no rooted. that would be some crazy and very sophisticated malware to install a system app onto your phone with out your permission.
It used to be possible: if one of those "one click rooting apps" works on your phone then the same exploit could be used to install malware to /system. That's why it's a good thing those things don't work on modern phones.

But Touchpal was never that. So I guess one more question would be "why do you think your very slow starting is due to Touchpal?" Also why do you think that is due to malware?

Back
Top Bottom