• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Super slow downlaods

DanDan82

Lurker
I looked all over the net for solutions for my issue, but to zero fruition. Any app I try to down load from the app store by google, or even the apkpure app, it takes a very long time to download and install. For example I'm trying to download an hourly reminder app, and it has been nearly 20 min running. The same applies to apkpure.. However regular net speed are not affected and neither is net downloads... Only app store downloads. Any, and all, help is appreciated.

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have? are you on wifi or cellular? how much storage space do you have? do you have an sd card?

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have? are you on wifi or cellular? how much storage space do you have? do you have an sd card?

I am using the galaxy s9+ and this problem occurs over both wifi and cellular data. Sorry i forgot to mention that in my initial post.

ok sometimes if there is not enough room it will slow progress to only fail......hmmmm 20 mins for a download of an app on the play store is odd. have you checked your upload and download speeds on wifi and cellular?

not sure what carrier you are on or if your phone is cdma or gsm. i'm on sprint and i have to occasionally check and update prl and profile.

I use verizon, and I have tried every dang solution that i could find... Even using a dns changer with vpn. I just can not figure it out. Im fairly tech savy myself, perhaps ill try deleting some old apps i nolonger use. As for cdma or gsm, i am unfamiliar with those or how to check. Let alone what you mean update prl and profile.

I use verizon, and I have tried every dang solution that i could find... Even using a dns changer with vpn. I just can not figure it out. Im fairly tech savy myself, perhaps ill try deleting some old apps i nolonger use. As for cdma or gsm, i am unfamiliar with those or how to check. Let alone what you mean update prl and profile.
well to answer the last question Sprint and Verizon use cdma technology while att and t-mobile uses gsm tech. anytime you hear removing or replacing sim cards thats usually is gsm tech.

Last edited:
@DanDan82 sometimes clearing the Cached memory helps,
To do this go to all applications find the one using the most storage and hit clear if that fails go to Storage and hit free up space

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190422-110617.png
    Screenshot_20190422-110617.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 159
Do you have an anti-virus/anti-malware app installed? If so try disabling it and see if some background service it was running was interfering with app downloads in general.
Or do you perhaps have a firewall app installed? Or any kind of similar utility that might be responsible for that odd, very selective download restriction.

Back
Top Bottom