• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Oppo Reno software issue?

Okay, so, I'd like to purchase the Oppo Reno, but I've been seeing everywhere that the ColorOS is trash and I dont want it, but i want the phone itself cause it looks so nice. Before thinking of getting this, I had an LG V30 which I was in love with, but was water damaged. I had the Nova launcher installed and everything was really well customized. Is there any way I could purchase the Oppo and root it, install a custom rom, and dodge that terrible OS?

Okay, so, I'd like to purchase the Oppo Reno, but I've been seeing everywhere that the ColorOS is trash and I dont want it, but i want the phone itself cause it looks so nice. Before thinking of getting this, I had an LG V30 which I was in love with, but was water damaged. I had the Nova launcher installed and everything was really well customized. Is there any way I could purchase the Oppo and root it, install a custom rom, and dodge that terrible OS?
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

so it looks like the Oppo Reno is a new phone (release date varies for countries). The developers have not had a chance to get their hands on the device. If you want to root it i would wait and see what kind of community develops for the device. it moght takes some time for the devs to either create a new custom rom or port their existing roms over to the device.

the main forum for developers to release their custom roms are over at XDA developeras. i would check their periodically and see if they have added a forum for the Oppo Reno.

Okay, thanks for the heads up. Would the same hold true for the Vivo 15?
looks like it, but xda has a forum setup which is a good sign:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/v15-pro

this does not mean developers are working on the phone. it looks pretty dead right now. just keep an eye out over there for any activity.

if you ever want to root any phone head on over to xda where the majority of talented developers hang out.

Back
Top Bottom