• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Oreo 8.1.0 without notification dots/badges

Paultx

I was fond of the badges of some previous versions, they were big enough for me to see and had numbers to show how many stuff to check on.

With 8.1.0 they said it is notification dots. Well, now I see no badge, no number... and no dot!

I have notifications and notification dots set to all apps, but all I get is the usual notification bar behavior to see when new things arrive.

Is there something wrong with Oreo 8.1.0, my settings, or is it my old Moto G4 Plus?

FYI I use Nova Launcher (free version).

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!

have you checked your nova settings? are badge notifications turned on in your phone's settings?

edit: also make sure that you have enabled notifications for nova as well.......nova will tell you if you have that option turned off.

Last edited:
I found that Nova can show badges, but only in its prime version. The other launcher available here is Moto App Launcher, which has no option for badges. I thought badges were a system feature, not set by launchers. It seems I have to try other launchers to get badges back. Any suggestion? Of course, I prefer a free one. TIA.

I tried ADW Launcher 2 and to set badges it asks to install ADW Notifier 2, which crashed all the time. With or without this plug-in, some icons showed a kind of arrow and I couldn't know what it does or how to change or remove. Besides, this launcher's controls are a bit confusing compared to Nova's. Trying different desktop settings I got a weird result I couldn't revert after a lot of trial and error.

20sf5o5.jpg

So I tried the free Evie Launcher and voilà!

rlc5jm.jpg

Problem solved. Thanks, guys!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom