• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommended Tablet for Manga

ROBOCRIPPLE

Apr 9, 2016
I just made friends with other otakus in town and now I'm interested in reading manga, again. (Until now, I've just been watching anime) I have an iPad 2 updated to iOS 9.3 and the old thing is just not good for web browsing (and a few other things), anymore. I also have an Alldocube Mix Plus tablet, but lately I find myself using it more like a laptop, rather than as a tablet, with the keyboard attachment. Plus, both tablets are rather large (9-11 in.) and heavy for me to carry everywhere. So, I'm looking for a tablet with the following criteria:
  • 7-8 inches
  • Lightweight
  • Micro SD card support
  • At least 4GB RAM
  • HDMI-Out or compatibility with USB-C dongles
Bonus:
  • Latest version of Android
  • No bloatware
  • Value-priced
The one gripe that I have with a lot of Chinese Android devices is their lack of software updates, which makes me kinda nervous. Anybody know a good tablet that meets these criteria (at least the non-bonus ones)? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones