• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Twrp for the LG Artiso 3

Grin59

Lurker
Edit: I have twrp made but have no way to flash it yet, fastboot won't let me flash it and gives me an unknown command error so I'm looking for an alternative tool to LGUP that can flash partitions. I do have a dev patched LGUP but it tells me my DLL is out of date and won't flash my recovery.img

So if anyone knows anything like SP Flashtool for Snapdragon devices please let me know

If anyone else has this device and think they can develop on it then please post on here and help some of us out. I don't know how new this device is, or if a lot of people have it but I just got it for free today and I'm using it for service but it definitely needs TWRP. Hopefully some development can happen

Last edited:
yeah looks like twrp will have to wait. The devs first need to crack open the device. as far as i can tell root has not been achieved yet. check out the progress here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/lg-aristo-3-x220ma-root-search-t3899862/page2

once you have root then you can install twrp.
Quick edit: I do have a twrp made but no way to flash it yet, just to clarify

So I've had success and failure with this phone. I've gotten as far as unlocking the bootloader, dumping some img files from a kdz (I am sure it was the right one) and having twrp made, but I couldn't flash it with fastboot and I couldn't flash a prepatched magisk boot.img either for root and now I'm trying to flash the twrp.img with LGUP but I'm having dll problems. So I'm getting close but I'm also really close to being out of options, it seems. LGUP is the only option left but I can't get any DLL files to work and the one that came with it, the "LGUP_Common.dll" (or something really close to that name) would recognize the phone but would quit on me when trying to use the partition dl mode to flash the recovery.img, so maybe a regular LGUP would work but I have to use the dev patched one to be able to flash partitions. So I'm not sure if TWRP can be possible, it might be but the odds are slim. Hopefully someone can help me out further with this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom