• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S8 front lens

S8 user

So...wife dicked her phone. Dropped it and cracked the glass top corner and the bottom corner.

Is this actual glass? I bought an 'original S8 replacement lens' it seems more plastic. But I think it goes down with two sided tape not the glue I've seen on videos. Anyone try this or do it? Looking at the videos I'm less adventurous than when I bought it.

Do places actually replace this as opposed to the whole screen and digitizer? Really dont want to spend 300$ to have it fixed right now.

Looking on your experiences....have you done it?

this is why i always get a screen protector. never replaced the screen.....always ended up either upgrading or paying my deductible and got a replacement for it.

there is always ifixit.com if you want a diy project. they also have parts and guides to help you out.

this is why i always get a screen protector. never replaced the screen.....always ended up either upgrading or paying my deductible and got a replacement for it.

there is always ifixit.com if you want a diy project. they also have parts and guides to help you out.

Yeah...there was atleast a plastic one on and her sister pulled it off. 'Faceplam'

Back
Top Bottom