• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Location Services Keep Turning On

If it helps, here is the about for my phone:
Galaxy A5 (2017)
Model : SM-A520W
Android : 8.0.0
Kernal : 3.18.14-15252667-QB24005864 (plus some other stuffs)
Build : R16NW.A520WVLS9CSE2

I don't recall how long ago it started... but at least a few months now.
The Location services keep turning on randomly.
I've gradually been cutting out more and more apps and stuff from permission to use it.
As of last night, I went through all my apps and disabled permission to access Location for every single one... except 'Google Play services' because it won't let me.
I have also turned off the 'can change system settings' for most of the apps that have that option.
I even went so far as to turn off the option to send location information to emergency services.

Sure enough, I check for messages on my phone and Location services turns on again.
It only turns on while I am using my phone... and every time it asks if I would like to improve the accuracy.

A little more information : I close apps when I'm not using them. I just hit the 'open tabs' thing and tell it to close them. I could probably leave texting or such open, but I'm not even using them daily.

The services turn on at any time... from the moment I unlock the screen to the moment I turn off the screen.
Playing a game, writing a text message, middle of a call, or having just unlocked it to do one of those... and it suddenly turns on Location services and asks to turn on 'Advanced Location'.

If you have any guidance on what might be doing this, let me know please.
- Esperologist

Back
Top Bottom