• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I want to update my phone to Pie using SamFirm & Odin. How do I find the CSC/REGION???

strCYCL3

Lurker
I've tried updating it other ways but it says that I have the latest Android version. I just want to update my Android version!

My phone model is : Samsung, SM-G965U.
I'm using SamFirm (https://samfirmtool.com/samfirm-v0-3-9)

How do I find out what to put in the region? I know it's CSC. How do I find my CSC?
I tried this:
settings > about > software information > service provider SW ver. it says ATT/ATT/ATT doesn’t that mean my region csc. should be ATT?

I also downloaded an app. called Phone Info and it says that my Active CSC is ATT. Do I put that for my Region in SamFirm and download it, then install it?

I want to do this safely. My phone is unlocked from AT&T will it affect the unlock status if I update to Pie via. Odin? Will it affect my SIM status (using METRO-PCS now)? How do I prevent from bricking my phone during this process because I heard it's easy to brick your phone via. Odin.

Please help.

never heard of this program. just curious as to why not just update to pie over the air? go into settings>system update>and check to see if there is an update. if there is no update for your phone, then you are stuck with oreo and no pie for you. the only other way to get to pie is to root the phone.

and you have to be careful what firmware you try to flash. i would go here if you ever need firmware for your phone: Galaxy S9+ SM-G965U Firmwares

but if your phone can boot up then just check via settings

Last edited:
never heard of this program. just curious as top why not just update to pie over the air? go into settings>system update>and check to see if there is an update. if there is no update for your phone, then there you go you can't update the phone to pie. and you have to be careful what firmware you try to flash.

plus if you need firmware for your phone go to Galaxy S9+ SM-G965U Firmwares

but if your phone can boot up then just check via settings
That's what I said. I cannot update via. OTA or any other method. I even tried Samsung's Smart Switch. Odin seems like the way to go for me. With Odin, you can update to Pie. Can you read my above post and tell me if I'm doing it right? Have you ever used Odin?

"How do I find out what to put in the region? I know it's CSC. How do I find my CSC?
I tried this:
settings > about > software information > service provider SW ver. it says ATT/ATT/ATT doesn’t that mean my region csc. should be ATT?"

An overriding issue with your model (SM-G965U) is with AT&T manually upgrading can be problematic. AT&T is apparently notorious for being resistant in releasing ROMs to consumers for their phones. Looking through other valid Samsung ROM repository sites, while there are typically a lot of ROMs for different carriers available, AT&T ROMs just aren't as prevalent. So unless you do get an OTA upgrade, being able to manually upgrade your device will be more of an issue.
Just some examples:
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/firmware/SM-G965U/
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model/?q=SM-G965U&exact=1&r=&v=&rpp=100

But I'm also a bit confused as you've stated this is an AT&T branded phone but you're going to use a Metro PCS SIM in it? Isn't Metro PCS now a MVNO tied to T-Mobile?

.... and just to add, yes it's easy to brick your device using Odin when you don't follow instructions and don't use the correct ROMs, which is basically true for any method or utility you use to flash your device. Just be sure to a) always have a safe backup solution and b) thoroughly research what you're going to do. Flashing your device just a whim is taking a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom