• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pixel3 Max volume too low ( WIRED headphones )

Jay_Smoove

Lurker
Hey there folks! Just signed up here after searching for about an hour and downloading a couple apps. They are not working to help improve the maximum volume of the Pixel 3 when using WIRES headphones. All of the apps seem to be used for improving the volume on wireless headphones. I have a pair of Grado SR325 which I just got back after about a year of being broken and now I can't get them to sing like they should when using the phone. I tried calling google and while super helpful the gent was not able to help me due to the fact that I believe it's a hardware issue, although it might be a software issue with a restrictor in place for max volume. Anyway, at this point I'm thinking there is no solution to this. If anyone has any tips or tricks I'd love to hear em.

TL;DR: 3rd party Wired headphones volume way too low on Pixel3XL. Please save me

well if you are at your wits end, maybe a factory reset might work. if it does not work after that then maybe it is a hardware issue.

also out of curiosity, have you tried other bluetooth headphones?

A factory reset would not fix the issue as this is an issue that comes with the phone from the factory. Also I don't want to have to buy new headphones with the same level of audio quality as my current as they would be very very very expensive and I'm kind of a broke after buying the $1200 phone. But the issue can be easily fixed for Bluetooth via various apps and just by simply fixing the codec quality in developer options.

A factory reset would not fix the issue as this is an issue that comes with the phone from the factory. Also I don't want to have to buy new headphones with the same level of audio quality as my current as they would be very very very expensive and I'm kind of a broke after buying the $1200 phone. But the issue can be easily fixed for Bluetooth via various apps and just by simply fixing the codec quality in developer options.

If it is a codec/driver/firmware issue then it would be up to Google to try and fix. The point ocnbrze was making is a factory reset might rule out some issue with software getting corrupted, which does happen here and there. I've not heard anything specific about this. You should leave feedback in pixel menu and let pixel team know, those feedback submissions are seen and acted on. @codesplice may have some insight ?

Otherwise you can check reddit and google product forums to see if this is a reported issue.

I used to have Grado, and here's something I posted back in 2012.
https://androidforums.com/threads/a...-make-it-sound-ipod-loud.666840/#post-5373313

"I currently use a pair of Sennheiser PX100s and a pair of Grado phones, and these definitely need a good output to drive them at an acceptable volume for me, compared to most of the bundled earbuds I've tried recently. And I've got quite a few buds here that came with various devices.

When I was using a UK purchased Samsung S with them, always sounded on the quiet side with the stock Samsung Froyo ROM. Presumably that had been volume-limited/nobbled as per the EU directive."

I assume the Pixel 3 is volume limited as well.

Back
Top Bottom