• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pie Update rendered Menus Unreadable

My phone received the upgrade from Oreo to Pie this week. I am using a Samsung Galaxy J7 and I was also upgraded to One UI 1.1.

Since the update I have an issue where menus and settings are rendered unreadable or nearly so because backgrounds have been changed to black and text to a dark grey making text very difficult to read. Today while trying to add to my calendar I ran into an issue where the background has been rendered white and the text is white so I can't even see to adjust the time etc for my event. My phone has become all but unusable because of this update.

I'm not 100% certain if it the problem lies with Pie or One UI but I'm checking all around because this needs to get fixed ASAP.

I have restarted my phone a couple times since the update, and I confirmed the Default theme is set so I am not on a custom theme or high contrast (switching to a high contrast theme might help a bit, I do realize, but to me that is not an acceptable permanent solution). I checked my display settings and everything looks normal from what I can tell.

Anyone seen this issue? I've scoured the web and can't really find much on this at all. Thanks in advance! I just bought this phone a few months ago, I really need this thing working right!

Back
Top Bottom