• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hiding apps

Can someone help me hide my Google mail app. I can't use a vault app. I am under scrutiny by the staff here at the center I'm a resident at and subject to an immediate inspection of our phones upon demand. We cannot have any form of lock,pin nor passcode. I am constantly deleting my email everytime I check it and when I am expecting email of a sensitive nature it doesn't always come right then. Therefore leaving a window of time where I could be run down on and asked for my device leaving me vunerable. Please help me.I am a bit behind in the times as far as tech is concerned due to my lengthy incarceration period which was primarily in solitary with no contemporary magazines to keep me abreast. My comprehension skills are fair enough so dont be scared to explain as you guide me
THANK YOU...Sorry for the long post.
.one love. Maze

@Dannydet 's idea is the easiest.

there are other ways. you can download a launcher from the play store. a launcher is like a skin that goes ontop of your android phone's operating system. it allows for more customization including hiding apps.

depending on what version of android you have you can just disable the app in your phones settings. but newer versions of android you can't do it.

as you can see the easiest is to just go to gmail on your web browser. you will have to enter your account info each time, but it is much simpler. if you want to try the launcher route and have questions let us know.

Back
Top Bottom