• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I reset my Android Samsung phone back to factory settings?

xarzu

How do I reset my Android Samsung phone back to factory settings? I do not know how or why or what one of my multiple messaging apps has the bug but I am not able to receive a text message from Facebook to reacquire my Facebook account.

I was locked out of my FB Account for a decade because of their crazy dependence on two-factor authentication that tried to send a verification code (after forcing me to change the password I used fine for years prior!) to a number that hadn't existed for a year or two, so I was unable to login.

Fast forward to late this year, I managed to recover it after they 'fixed' how their 2FA works so I could reset the password and enter any number I wanted to send the code to, or even use email as well, but found out I ain't missin' nothin'.

Facebook is just garbage IMO. There's not even FarmVille (which was what brought me over in the first place) anymore. I don't even recognize it anymore. It's like when I logged into my old Flickr account (the social network I was using before Facebook, I completely missed out on MySpace) in 2015 and I couldn't recognize it, either.

I grow used to the way things have been, and I'm quite stubborn to change. I just avoid anything that constantly changes in hopes I can live a more comfortable life. Even if I get crapped on for it.

The only reason I login to FB these days is when a family member or friend sends a link to a photo on Facebook and I can't view it unless I login first. Often related to my favorite animal.

I agree nick, all of the social media platforms are now data mining garbage. I'm on a couple of them just to stay in contact with family and friends, and that's about it.

This sounds like a Facebook issue, rather than a phone issue....

One would think so.

Sometimes I get a text alert and it appears as a kind of animation at the top of the display on my phone. Like a partial one line message that shrinks down to a single circle. This does not give me enough time to click on it. I have too many messaging apps and the one I pick to be default does not have the messages in its queue that I know I have received. What is more is that I downloaded a recent messaging app that has ads nested within the messages.

I was locked out of my FB Account for a decade because of their crazy dependence on two-factor authentication that tried to send a verification code (after forcing me to change the password I used fine for years prior!) to a number that hadn't existed for a year or two, so I was unable to login.

Fast forward to late this year, I managed to recover it after they 'fixed' how their 2FA works so I could reset the password and enter any number I wanted to send the code to, or even use email as well, but found out I ain't missin' nothin'.

Facebook is just garbage IMO. There's not even FarmVille (which was what brought me over in the first place) anymore. I don't even recognize it anymore. It's like when I logged into my old Flickr account (the social network I was using before Facebook, I completely missed out on MySpace) in 2015 and I couldn't recognize it, either.

I grow used to the way things have been, and I'm quite stubborn to change. I just avoid anything that constantly changes in hopes I can live a more comfortable life. Even if I get crapped on for it.

The only reason I login to FB these days is when a family member or friend sends a link to a photo on Facebook and I can't view it unless I login first. Often related to my favorite animal.

I had given up on Facebook a long time ago. In fact, for a while, someone seemed to be maliciously abusing the system by requesting to reset my password multiple times and then when I tried, I got a message that I was abusing the system. It seemed someone who disagreed with my political views was on a mission to censor me by keeping me blocked out of Facebook.

But unfortunately I found that a number of Facebook sites are commercial or technical and can help me with my job.

Also, my neighborhood has a Facebook page which can be useful for personal use sometimes like reuniting a lost dog or cat.

your link does not work. a factory reset will do nothing for your facebook account. and just an fyi to get messages from facebook, you need facebook messenger app. it is not done via facebook itself.
Thank you very much! This is important information that I need !

Back
Top Bottom