• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to disable Digital Wellbeing?

How to disable Digital Wellbeing on Redmi Note 9?

1 I disabled daily device usage within the app

2 I went to Settings>Apps>Special App Access>Usage Access, and turned off Digital Wellbeing's usage access.

Then, I opened Hidden Settings for MIUI or System App Remover apps (both are basically the same) but they Disable button is greyed out.

Screenshot_2024-05-27-10-47-49-863-edit_com.android.settings.jpg

Yeah, it isn't surprising that the Disable button is greyed out. The Digital Wellbeing app is a preinstalled, system-level app, its a part of the basic Android install for a lot of phones. It's also one more Google product used to collect our personal phone data. I have a OnePlus phone running 12 and Disable button is greyed out on it too.
I'm on the other side of the fence, I completely ignore Digital Wellbeing, it doesn't do anything 'good' for a phone, it's used to monitor a user's usage data.

Yeah, bloody thing doesn't even let you turn off notifications, never mind disable it (at least on my Samsung). I have turned-off what I can, and got to the point where I don't get notifications from it, but that's all. I don't think you can even force stop it: the button is there, but it doesn't grey out after use so I suspect it does nothing (it might just respawn immediately when you stop it, but being cynical I suspect that it doesn't even stop in the first place).

You could root and stop it, or switch to a ROM without it (if you have ROMs for your phone), but I don't think it's worth doing that just for this app.

Back
Top Bottom