• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to display date at status bar?

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
Hi,

How to display date at the status bar? (status bar meaning the top bar that shows the time, battery percent etc)

The clock settings in Samsung galaxy A32 5G phone does not have the feature to show date at the status bar.

I tried these apps but they do not work, unable to show date at status bar
DateBar DateBar - date in status bar - Apps on Google Play
Date in Status Bar HD Date in Status Bar HD - Apps on Google Play

Thanks
Call me a dumby but can you just wait until your device goes to the lock screen?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hi,

How to display date at the status bar? (status bar meaning the top bar that shows the time, battery percent etc)

The clock settings in Samsung galaxy A32 5G phone does not have the feature to show date at the status bar.

I tried these apps but they do not work, unable to show date at status bar
DateBar DateBar - date in status bar - Apps on Google Play
Date in Status Bar HD Date in Status Bar HD - Apps on Google Play

Thanks
Why does it make a difference if it's on the main screen or the status bar? There's not a lot of room on the status bar if it's already showing time, SIM card or cards, WiFi and battery % left.

Just wondering

Upvote 0
Why does it make a difference if it's on the main screen or the status bar? There's not a lot of room on the status bar if it's already showing time, SIM card or cards, WiFi and battery % left.

Just wondering
I mentioned in #6 I want a date to appear in screenshots, for example in the phone I took a screenshot I want it to show the date and time on the screenshot.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I mentioned in #6 I want a date to appear in screenshots, for example in the phone I took a screenshot I want it to show the date and time on the screenshot.
Sorry about that. I understand now

I understand you want the info to display on the screenshot. I don't know if this will help you get there, but the info you are looking for is attached to the screenshot. I believe it's called metadata. If I open a photo or screenshot I can get the info and it displays the date and time. Here's what I can see from a screenshot

screenshotinfo.png

Last edited:
Reactions: spman and ocnbrze
Sorry about that. I understand now

I understand you want the info to display on the screenshot. I don't know if this will help you get there, but the info you are looking for is attached to the screenshot. I believe it's called metadata. If I open a photo or screenshot I can get the info and it displays the date and time. Here's what I can see from a screenshot

View attachment 174759
Where do you see this?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Where do you see this?

If I open a photo in Google Photos, I select the "i" with the circle around it and it gives me the metadata (see photo below)
I use Gimp to resize or crop photos. If I select "Image" then "Metadata" it will show the Metadata
I use to have a Flickr account and I think there was option for metadata and sorting photos by metadata
I hope that helps

infoscreen.png

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones