• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data transfer lead Samsung>Laptop

On my laptop I use Linux Mint. I find it easy to backup my Android data weekly to my laptop using the Mint file explorer.
Now the details:

I had a Samsung J7 Pro for six-and-a-half years. Used a data lead micro-USB>type A USB. The phone died a couple of months ago.

Now I have a Samsung A25. Came with a lead, but no charger - grrr!
I also have a data lead USB type C>type A. I can successfully use this to connect laptop and A25 to backup.

I bought a one-piece adapter (not a lead) USB type C>type A. I used it to try and connect my A25 to my laptop, using the A25 supplied type C>type C lead: Charges OK, but no data transfer.

I thought perhaps the Samsung-supplied lead was only charging, not data.
My wife has a Samsung A71. I found can access her phone data using the adapter and A25 lead.

Can someone tell me why it works with an A71, but not with an A25?

It could be the cable is for charging only and the A71 can transfer data over the power connection and the A25 can't. That's my best guess

Last edited:
Is that a possibility - I had no idea that might happen?

Sure it's possible. I worked on a rail camera system. It had two copper tubes that powered the rail motor and camera. Also, the data for forward, reverse, camera up & down and zoom in & zoom out came over the those two copper tubes.

Back
Top Bottom