• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable Developer Options on Amazon Fire HD 10 Generation 9

jaa042464

Lurker
Hello. I have an Amazon Fire HD 10, Generation 9 tablet on which I enabled developer options. I have since toggled it off, but I’d really like to disable it (make it disappear) again, since the tablet is used by a child. Developer Options were enabled by tapping the serial number seven times in “device options” of “settings", so I’m thinking there is a way to reverse that. Does anyone on this forum know how to disable developer options? Thank you

Hello. I have an Amazon Fire HD 10, Generation 9 tablet on which I enabled developer options. I have since toggled it off, but I’d really like to disable it (make it disappear) again, since the tablet is used by a child. Developer Options were enabled by tapping the serial number seven times in “device options” of “settings", so I’m thinking there is a way to reverse that. Does anyone on this forum know how to disable developer options? Thank you
you should be able to just go into developer's mode and toggle it off.

Yes, I've toggled it off, but I'd like to disable it, similar to the way I enabled it. Thank you.
then you will have to do a factory reset. do not do a hard reset as you will trip FRP (factory reset protection). but if you know your email and password used initially when you set the phone up, you should be fine. doing a reset from your phone's settings will not trip FRP. and is easier.

a hard reset is a more deeper wipe than a factory reset. either one will work. but, like i said you will need your initial setup info to do it. it is also some button combo of power + vol buttons.

also doing either will wipe your data so make sure you back up everything before doing so.

It's a tablet, not a phone. All pertinent information, such as the fact that I'd already toggled the options off but wanted to then disable them, the fact that it's a child's tablet, the fact that's it's a tablet, was located in my first post.

Back
Top Bottom