• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarm or reminder app suggestion?

spman

Android Enthusiast
Samsung default clock app has an alarm tab and I use it often but there are flaws, the text is limited and the alarm auto stop after some time even if nobody touches the phone, e.g. I put my phone in my room, I set an alarm at 8pm and if I am not in my room at 8pm the alarm is activated for a few mins then it auto stop, when I enter my room I did not even know the alarm has happened.

Recommend me an app that is similar to the clock app (easy to use for one time alarm) and will repeat alarm every few mins or continuously alarm if I did not touch my phone.

Thanks.

If you happen to have the Microsoft Outlook app installed on your phone, you can create a one-time event in Outlook - Calendar to remind you.

Samsung default clock app has an alarm tab and I use it often but there are flaws, the text is limited and the alarm auto stop after some time even if nobody touches the phone, e.g. I put my phone in my room, I set an alarm at 8pm and if I am not in my room at 8pm the alarm is activated for a few mins then it auto stop, when I enter my room I did not even know the alarm has happened.

Recommend me an app that is similar to the clock app (easy to use for one time alarm) and will repeat alarm every few mins or continuously alarm if I did not touch my phone.

Thanks.
What happens if you forget to create the one time event in Outlook? Is there an app to remind you to put the reminder in Outlook? ;)

Using Google's, cleverly named, Clock app in the app's Settings menu there are options to adjust the alarm time length and snooze time length.

I'm hesitant to recommend a Google app given Google's dismal history on dropping support for its own products so often, but this does relate to your query. I wouldn't be surprised if you dig into the Settings menu of Samsung's Clock app and there's already these kinds of options in it so you don't need to install anything as a substitute.

Attachments

• clock-options.jpg
    clock-options.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom