• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EBC Homepage Progress (Slowly But Surely)

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
I've been spending a lot of time revamping the EBC homepage/website, trying to make adjustments and improvements that can jive with a new path forward.

The main header navigation items are now:
  • Products
  • Launches
  • Forum
And on the homepage you'll see two important widgets:
  • Just Launched (most recent Products)
  • Coming Soon (upcoming Launches)
AF was built on the excitement of new technologies and the communities and friendships that were built exploring them. This new format attempts to organize content by that driving factor of curiosity in up and coming technology.

In the perfect world, the "Launches" page will act as a Tech Release Date Calendar of sorts, allowing people to follow along to the biggest up and coming releases. Each of the products on this list will have a button for a dedicated forum/link front and center, hopefully fueling people to participate and grow communities around specific products. We'll also have a "Get Early Access" or "Get Notified" button that I hope to connect with a semi-automated email newsletter so that we can keep people up to date with new product developments, bringing them back into the community.

As products launch and become available for sale, they'll "graduate" to the Products list, giving people a place to quickly find newly released tech products. Again, we'll have buttons to join the discussion and check the price or buy the product for new releases.

There is a TON of work to still be done. It's going to take a lot of ongoing updates and maintenance. And to be successful, I think it'll take a lot of new, unique, original, and compelling content to attract people back to the site and into the community.

The most basic starting point is to craft and maintain our list of upcoming products and I'd love to have some help for anyone that wants to participate! I'm also happy to hear any feedback, both positive and negative. There will likely be differences of opinion and that's fine- if I don't respond or make changes directly addressing criticism, it doesn't mean I'm not taking your feedback to heart. I am.

Back
Top Bottom