• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1 dumb question and 1 tech spec question

bbxrider

is the inspire 4g really considered a '4g' phone? I saw the specs below which say 'Network Generation 3G'? indicating 3G?
I haven't seen a specification as to whether it has a micro sim card or regular size sim card?
thanks
bob

SPECS
Brand HTC
MPN PD98120
Carrier Unlocked
Model Inspire 4G
UPC 411378271099, 827669018210
Type Smartphone

Key Features
Storage Capacity 4 GB
Color Black
Network Generation 3G
Network Technology EDGE, GPRS, GSM, HSPA+
Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) HSPA+ 850/1900

It's international counterpart, the Desire HD took a regular SIM and they were identical aside from the Inspires 4G radio so I'd presume it had a regular SIM too.

no it's an HSPA+ phone... other countries I've been in refer to it as a 3.5G but it's not a true fourth generation technology... it's basicly an updated 3g network to allow for faster speeds, ATT used it so they could use the 4g advertising (the inspire was the first "4g" phone from ATT)... tmobile STILL is using the HSPA+ system for it's "4g" (lte is supposed to be started out pretty soon from them though)

anyway... the inspire 4g is running a 14.4Mbps radio so 14.4Mbps is it's theoretical max speed... but in real life that won't happen... I've got mine unlocked and running on T-mobile the best i've managed is 8.18Mbps down and 3.10Mbps up... note that i'm in the Houston area so tmobile just a few months back made it so ATT phones could get 3g/4g on the tmobile network (part of tmobile opening up it's LTE)

as for the sim... it's a full sized sim, it's a 2 year old phone so that was the norm

Back
Top Bottom