• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

10 best Apps - Article

I want the phone and this isn't helping..

.....but I'm not sure I can just up and switch providers.

:(

I have Verizon and I hate them for not embracing Android. I think I'm going to get the BlackBerry Thunder when it comes out and possibly the HTC Dream for T-Mobile but that would be ******** to have 2 carriers.

I just want to have the first Android phone... especially since another one isn't coming out for a few months.

********? I don't know, but if the Dream doesn't have all the capabilities you need, than 2 phones may be the only option. Unless you have a will of steel to wait until a different phone comes out.

I am in the same boat, I need certain capabilities on my phone.

That eye scanning apps looks really amazing... if this is just the beginning apps then I can't fathom the future apps within the first 3months!!!!

Locale, Digger, cab4me (I live in Chicago and go downtown ALOT), Google maps integration with our local public transportation system, biowallet (great way to lock my phone when I am no0t using it), compare or gocart (does it matter? NOW I can expose those lowest price promises on the fly).

Those are the apps I know I will want when I get this phone. If the App store is open on the day I get this phone then these apps are being purchased that day. The Android platform is proving itself to me before it has officially arrived. Just simply amazing.

What a lot of people don't realize is the potential of this open source OS. So many iPHONE people hate on the G1, but look what's happening. CRAZY applications are being released and the damn phone isn't even out yet! I can't wait to see what 2009 might bring for android. o.O

Back
Top Bottom