• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1500 mAh Performance?

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
Has anyone tried running their Charge on a 1500 mAh battery? My stock 1600mAh battery is blown 'cause it drains down to 15% in 3 hours of idle time. So I took the 1500 mAh battery out of a Samsung mobile hotspot and it's giving better performance. And since the 1500 is super cheap on Amazon, I was thinking about buying one or two. But I wanted to hear some real-world examples of other people running a smaller battery. Can I get by with only 1500? Thanks in advance.

I don't think I'd go any smaller than stock. 100mah isnt much but the stock 1600mah one doesn't go long enough in my opinion.

When I got our phones I went on eBay and bought two more stock batteries for $25 shipped to my door. Can't hardly beat that. They are Samsung OEM ones too, not cheap knockoffs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones