• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 182.46.15 unlock bootloader and root

justin39325

After some research I found out that I cannot root nor unlock the bootloader of my phone. My phone has the system version of 182.46.15. If I am wrong please correct me. But if after unlocking the bootloader and a reboot a message will pop up saying that you have unlocked the boot loader and can't undo it, ya-da-ya-da-ya-da. So how come we can't root and unlock the bootloader when the message will pop up. No offense but is it that the new firmware has a way to become unlocked but the people who made the update won't tell? Maybe there is a way but no one has tried hard enough. Please tell me why this phone can not be rooted and unlocked yet.

I was wondering if we can unlock the bootloader first then flash a recovery and flash root on the system version : 182.46.15. Is it possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
The short answer is that Motorola doesn't want you to be able to unlock the bootloader on this device. The code for the unlock warning is there for the developer versions of the device. There have been exploits found twice that would do it, however they have been closed.

Back
Top Bottom