• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1st bill questions

DirtyDee

Android Expert
Mar 18, 2013
Detroit Michigan
About a week or two ago I switched to T-Mobile paid my 100 deposit and 21 and some change for my Sim cards and I still waiting for my Sim card for my phone... I see my first bill is ready so I wonder why is it 153 are the taxes really that high for two lines or am I being charged incorrectly? Anyone clear this up?

Oh I get it I am paying for days I didn't even have T-Mobile combined with days I didn't even have my Sim card yet. I don't think that is fair.. This happen to anyone else?
ysygyqyz.jpg

Then again I am used to prepaid this is post paid so it makes some sense other than I paid a security deposit (which is showing up in my bill too)

Upvote 0
They charge you one month in advance. At least that's what they told me when I got my first bill this month. It was over $130 when it should have been $85.

Guy said all the phone companies charge you one month advanced so I shouldn't be worried.

They charge a month in advance yet still charge a security deposit.. Talk about 1st months rent

Upvote 0
They only charge a security deposit if your credit isn't so good. Otherwise it's zero down and if you are making payments on the phone it's 0% interest.

This is correct. I just so happen to have good credit and they didn't require a deposit or anything of that sort. I could have up to 7 lines with no deposit/credit check required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones