• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] JB questions

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
just flashed a copy of JB ROM on my tablet and it's so different i feel like a noob again. some questions:

1. can the app launcher icon, which used to be on the bottom dead center (where the on-screen home icon is now) be moved back where it belongs instead of hiding in the upper right hand corner?

2. touch response stinks. takes two or more tries to get an app to load. no lag or slowness otherwise though. keyboard works fine

3. how the heck do i clear notifications? the button is gone!

4. stop the notification animations? slows device down

5. why are there two battery meters? one is circular and shows the current power available but after it gets to 79% another one shows up on the left side of the tray?

6. 'an error has occurred in [app name] send bug report?' flashing triangle in notification tray. app works fine. no error at all. fix?

7. how do i get my normal icon spacing back? everything is squashed together

8. what makes this better than GB?

UPDATE: i can clear notifications by rebooting the device. but there is no button where it used to be in Gingerbread. and rebooting it is going to get bloody annoying since i accumulate so many in a day.

definitely need to know what device and what rom you are using... those are not normal experiences with jelly bean.

it's a Kindle Fire. Eye Candy Jelly Bean ROM. i am used to Gingerbread. i got two battery meters, one circular and one normal looking, my launcher icon was relocated, and the icon spacing is too close together for my comforts. i can't get rid of notifications up top like i used to, no clear button anywhere. i've been rebooting it to get rid of them but that's annoying:

100_1231.jpg

Home icon replaced my launcher, which now sits hidden up top right hand corner. want it relocated

100_1233.jpg

my 'clear' button to get rid of notifications is missing

the button in the top right(looks like stacked blocks) will clear your notifications or you can flick them left or right.

your other issues just sound like problems in the ROM coding, since JB will not be official on the kindle, it probably will never be bug free.

I'm going to move this thread to the kindle fire root section, you are more likely to find others who have used the ROM and may have work arounds for you there.

http://androidforums.com/kindle-fire-all-things-root/

Better view of relocated main app launch menu icon. right below status bar on upper right corner. there's a 'house' icon where i am used to it being now

100_1235.jpg

better view of notification area, with clear button gone. i am sure this is just the few upgrades and i am totally unfamiliar with JB. so chock it up to new user learning experiences. i am sure they just changed it somehow

100_1236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom