• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] NO SD card seen CWM 9

KX4SAM

I updated from CWM 7 to CWM 9, very nice system, but my PC will not show the SD card on the Kindle fire.

try putting it in twrp and plugging it in. My laptop doesnt always show my kindle but when i put it in twrp and plug it in, it shows up. Ive yet to figure out why. Might just be my laptop. But, thats one way to help out.

Oh haha, good point. Depending on the build, USB storage might not be working. I haven't ran a CM9 rom in ages on the KF, but you will have to enable USB storage in order to see it as the SD card on the PC. Otherwise, I would honestly just run the Hashcode CM10 rom available on XDA. It's a pretty good experience, and he has made kernel improvements that give me significantly better battery life than we ever got on ICS. I have had a few issues with the device not coming out of sleep, but it's nothing a reset doesn't fix...just hold the power button for 20-30 seconds like you typically would.

I was gonna start looking for a new rom to use because eyecandy is draining the battery unusually fast. I seem to remember reading 10 chapters in a book and barely making an impact on the battery then with this rom i had 90% and next thing you know im down to 50% just doesnt seem right.

Back
Top Bottom