• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1st time android looking for a phone+help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
does it really matter if the android is at 1.5? is there any application limitations (ex: installing apps or anything) what's the features I'll be missing out on? from other versions.

Android 1.5 is very crippling! I had purchased a cheap tablet for my kids that only had 1.5 available for it and it was awful!

For example, the Kindle app doesn't work on 1.5. There are MANY other applications that require 1.6 or better. IMO, you do not want a device that is running anything less than 2.1.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: starting new thread this takes to long to scroll and the new thread will be more to the point as I know what I want now.

how's this? Eclipse - Dual SIM Android 2.2 Smartphone (Black) (eBay item 200572320270 end time 05-Mar-11 09:16:29 AEDST) : Phones
kind of looks like a gameboy with android, don't like the buttons at the bottom though.

just found some good phones!!! anyone want to help pick out the good ones?

android items - Get great deals on Cell Phones Smartphones, Touch Screen items on eBay.com!

Upvote 0
UPDATE: starting new thread this takes to long to scroll and the new thread will be more to the point as I know what I want now.

how's this?
Eclipse - Dual SIM Android 2.2 Smartphone (Black) (eBay item 200572320270 end time 05-Mar-11 09:16:29 AEDST) : Phones
kind of looks like a gameboy with android, don't like the buttons at the bottom though.

just found some good phones!!! anyone want to help pick out the good ones?

android items - Get great deals on Cell Phones Smartphones, Touch Screen items on eBay.com!
Looks like a great phone. Never heard of Eclipse though. But if you feel safe buying it on eBay, go for it. The specs look great and the dual sim feature is a major plus:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones