• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Gallery on 2.0.1 mixed up thumbnails?

pinesal

Dec 17, 2009
I'm running the 2.0.1 with the 2.1 gallery and all the videos have mixed up thumbnails and I can tell what video I'm about to play. Is anyone else having this problem?

Anyone have a solution? Even an nice alternative app for videos would be acceptable.

You can have your DROID rebuild the thumbnails, no big deal. Unfortunately, I can't remember where those files are stored at the moment. Once you delete the thumbnails, your DROID will recreate new ones ... that should correct the issue.

----------------------

UPDATE: Connect your DROID up to the PC/Mac and explore the sdcard. There is a folder called DCIM ... that's where all of the pics are kept, as well as the thumbnails. There should be at least 1 ".thumbnails" folder in there. Delete all of them, unmount the sdcard and go back into the Gallery. The DROID should rebuild the proper thumbnails.

(You could save the thumbnails folders to your PC, if that would make you feel more comfortable.)

Reactions: Rohan D'costa
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones