• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.1 question

htcman724

Android Enthusiast
ok so i put 2.1 on my moment and enjoying it so far only thing i miss from 1.5 is wifi tethering.is there a fix for it yet or has noone figured it out yet?

Another question: How do I get my phone to sleep in 2.1?

Technically Android phones don't sleep. When the screen turns off some of the services are disabled with it, but many 3rd party programs will still be able to run in the background.

What you need to do is figure out what program is running all the time. What symptoms are you having?

Your having bad luck with this phone aren't you. If I remember right you had bad battery life with the phone when it first came out too right? Sorry Zumaki wish I could offer more than what is on here. i have decent life and the only thing I dont have is the JIT file set up yet. not sure I am gonna mess with it.

Your having bad luck with this phone aren't you. If I remember right you had bad battery life with the phone when it first came out too right? Sorry Zumaki wish I could offer more than what is on here. i have decent life and the only thing I dont have is the JIT file set up yet. not sure I am gonna mess with it.

Actually, when I first got the phone I didn't understand everyone else's complaints, because after some minor tinkering from info in the battery thread (which is HUGE now, eh?) I was getting like 40 hour battery life.

That stopped after about December, and has gone down to barely 12-16 hours, pre-2.1. I dislike how much maintenance and attention I have to give the phone (in any version of Android) to make it conserve battery power. It's pretty much my chief complaint against the OS.

Actually, when I first got the phone I didn't understand everyone else's complaints, because after some minor tinkering from info in the battery thread (which is HUGE now, eh?) I was getting like 40 hour battery life.

That stopped after about December, and has gone down to barely 12-16 hours, pre-2.1.

Same exact thing happened with me, but it happened in January. After running with one of Zeffies kernels for about a month it went from 40 hours to about 12-16. The only thing that's changed is the amount of apps on the phone but the amount of running apps at any given time hasn't changed.

That is really odd. I have a ton of apps but I dont run half of them but every so often. The few I run constantly are Mai,l Moxier Mail, USAA, a few games, Pandora, Music, and iHeartRadio. For me streaming almost all day at my desk and checking emails and other items I last all day. It goes to 5% right around 11pm when i am putting it on the charger for the night. I take it off the charger in the mornings around 645 so I guess it suits my usage ok. Thats about 13-14 hours. I would love it to last 40 but I know my phone is heavily used all day. Today is the first day with all the new stuff on it with root and live wallpapers so I will see what tomorrow brings.

i'm running the 2.1 put root and live wallpapers and am getting great battery life roughly about 18 hrs on a charge.

I bet you it is one app or service that is running in the background and draining the battery. Try using Top (in the market) to see if anything is eating up your CPU.

Back