• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.1 ringtone

Speaking of ringtones, I really wish I could use some of the default notification sounds as a ringer. The default tones are awful. Although i did find that if I set the ringer to a music file using Ringdroid, and then delete the file, it makes a phone-ringing sound.

But as for your question, use Ringdroid.

Upvote 0
Speaking of ringtones, I really wish I could use some of the default notification sounds as a ringer. The default tones are awful. Although i did find that if I set the ringer to a music file using Ringdroid, and then delete the file, it makes a phone-ringing sound.

But as for your question, use Ringdroid.
I used Ringdroid when I had 1.5 and the songs were choppy... Did they fix it for 2.1?

Upvote 0
Thanks guys...

Yes, I am still confused, hopefully I figure it out....

the default ringtones are located in system/media/audio/ringtones

i had thought that for 1.5, we could just make a folder and throw our ringtones in there... is that not the same for 2.1? (occasionally when the sdcard was mounted, the ringtone would go back to default because you couldn't access the sdcard)

if you want, you could probably push the .ogg files over to the default folder and be able to pick them...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones