• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.2 froyo?

In theory, the phone should be able to run 2.2. We just don't have any idea how quickly Samsung will get it packaged up as a firmware for us.

For me honestly, by the time 2.2 makes it on to the Moment, I suspect that I'll have moved to another handset.

I like the moment a lot (I really haven't had a the problems that others here have had), but new phones are coming out so fast, I have a feeling I'll jump to a newer device sometime late fall or early winter (November will be a year that I've had the Moment).

I'm not sure what all the differences will be. Supposedly there are a bunch of performance tweaks in 2.2 that should significantly improve speed.

-SF

Upvote 0
Considering the bare basic no frills 2.1 update Samsung did, I doubt they'll bother giving us another update unless Google bends their arms. OTH, the rumored hardware spec of the Moment2/Intercept are similar enough that hacker community should be able to port over any 2.2 update for that device over to the Moment if Samsung leaves us high and dry.

From what I've gleaned, 2.2 adds JIT to speed operations. Flash support (maybe not for slower devices). A host of enterprise improvements and some ui tweaks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones