• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.2 keeps crashing after upgrade

Hello everyone, ever since upgrading to 2.2 my phone consistently crashes. The only apps I have installed after the upgrade are yahoo messenger, GOSMS and Dolphin HD Broswer. When using any of those apps it will occasionaly cause the phone to lock up and takes forever before it lets me power off. I even have to pull the battery on occasion. Anyone know of anything i can do to stop this?? Thanks in advance!!!

1. Export your contacts to your SD card.
2. Click Menu, Settings, Privacy and Factory Data Reset. This will erase all the info on your phone along with all the apps you have installed. The phone will reboot and it will be as if you just got it from the box brand new.
3. Import your contacts back to your phone from your SD card and your good to go.

Guess I'd back things up. Then I'd try doing a reset on the phone. Last, I guess I'd try doing a format (via the phone) of the SD Card.

I have tried resetting the phone numerous times and that did not help. When resetting the phone it does not take it back to 2.1 software anyways. What would formatting the sd card have to do with the crashes??? Thanks to all!!

I don't know specifics of the phone crashing. Presumably you upgraded properly. Maybe you have a bad program which was downloaded, or got corrupted on the sdCard, because the integrity of the filesystem there is bad.

I downloaded the software update like it stated. I have tried resetting the phone numerous times and only software installed is what I have stated earlier. Should I back up the sd card and then try formatting it?? Will that help...guess I dont know what an external card would have to do with the phone crashing...sorry for my stupidity lol

Should I back up the sd card and then try formatting it?? Will that help...guess I dont know what an external card would have to do with the phone crashing...sorry for my stupidity lol

Yes, that is exactly what I would try next. After you backup the contents of the card, then format the Card using the Phone, not a PC. In other words find the option to format the card in the phone's menu.

A corrupt filesystem can crash a PC, why not a phone?

Another thing to possibly try if that doesn't help is to manually attempt to install Update.Zip using Recovery.

If those steps don't help, then I'd contact Samsung. Your phone may have an internal problem. It's possible.

I tried the format so we will see how that works. If it doesn't how do I do the update.zip using Recovery?? Where do I find that file???

http://androidforums.com/samsung-intercept-virgin-mobile/317374-real-signed-update-zip.html

At your own risk:
See the link on April 14th. You'll get a file with a really long name. Change it to Update.zip (make sure it is not named Update.zip.zip) and move it to the top level of your SD card using one of three methods:
Drag and Drop with a USB connection between phone and PC, or
SwiFTP server on the phone and FileZilla client on the PC, or
Using a microSD card reader on the PC.

Power down the phone.

Then I believe you hold Volume Down, Talk and Call End buttons simultaneously. Use the trackpad to select Recovery.

Back
Top Bottom