• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 update bricked my Droid

Arsonman

Got the Froyo update on my phone this morning. Downloaded just fine. Starts to reboot and the Motorola M is staring at me all day. Of course I am 900 miles from home and I go to a Verizon store here in D.C. and they say that it is shot and they will have to mail me a new (referb) one because they don't have any in stock. I was just pissed so I walked out without challenging them. I am going back tomorrow to either get a new phone, referb phone or try to make a deal on the D2 or the DX. I need a phone for the rest of my trip.

I see now that there is another thread on this topic. Mods please shut this down. Not sent from my droid. :D

Got the Froyo update on my phone this morning. Downloaded just fine. Starts to reboot and the Motorola M is staring at me all day. Of course I am 900 miles from home and I go to a Verizon store here in D.C. and they say that it is shot and they will have to mail me a new (referb) one because they don't have any in stock. I was just pissed so I walked out without challenging them. I am going back tomorrow to either get a new phone, referb phone or try to make a deal on the D2 or the DX. I need a phone for the rest of my trip.

Same thing happened to me today. Downloaded Froyo just fine and then stuck on the M for 5 hours. Went to the VZW store and they are overnighting a new phone. Not sure I want to download the update on my wife's phone :(

Back
Top Bottom