• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.3.4 for Xperia Play R800AT?

I got a soft bick recently in my Xperia Play r800a, but the screen always worked. What I did was flash an r800i ftf and it worked. The simlock.ta omission is maybe an effect of flashing the x10 BL unlock bundle, but it doesnt work to unlock the xplay, and maybe thats why the phone is like that (who knows..... just never flash something made for other model until it is confirmed to work on yours, like some arc and neo v basebands and scripts)

The debugging off state is caused by the stock ftf flashed. When you flash it you get a complete new system with stock configs, so the debuggin is set off by default and thats what you got. Its also unrooted, just if you were wondering .

Maybe you should try flashing an r800i ftf (all r800a,at,i work on your device, cause they are all GSM. But NEVER flash an r800x Rom cause it works on CDMA, and it will surely brick your phone.

You could also try to flash a custom stock-based Rom. They can work on stock kernel and will give you a clean sytem as well, but since your screen is not working, it has to be in .ftf format. Just check 'skip kernel' and 'skip confirmation' when doing so

sony xperia price in pakistan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones