• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.3.7

gtFlue

Anyone running Mike G's 2.3.7 ASOP version? Running Mur's now, seems ok, but from the looks of it (will need to do more comparing) Mikes may be a bit faster? less laggy?

Being a droid noob, I'm more interested in his work with ICS, but...until then, his version of 2.3.7 loos mighty interesting....Soon as I feel like doing a rom backup, I'll take the plunge and see his performs.

sucky suck suck! used Recovery mode to load Mikes 2.3.7 v5.

reboot....reboot.....reboot....reboot.

Course I'm at work and my backup ROM is at HOME. LOL

Is the FASTBOOT mode more reliable than recovery mode? Recovery mode should completely over-write the previous ROM, correct?

Since I working on shedding this noob mantle...the above 2.3.7 (Mike Gapinski) is also known as pcfighter found some posts down....didn't realize that until I was looking at the version info once the phone came up.

Some features I like about this rom, others I like about cyanogenmod....too back they weren't combined. LOL

ok, after this...I'm going to shut-the-hell-up. this version is not the same PCFIghter version. That version looks to be cyanogenmod, this one is not, at least I don't think.

So far...I think I like it. For one, the screen is much more accurate and responsive.

I haven't had a lot of time to actually play, but it's fast enough for me. Camera zoom works...until you snap the pic, but then I've yet to find a 2.3.7 rom that doesn't do that. :D

I assumed pcfighter and Mike were one in the same, I don't think they are...who the hell knows!

I tried Mike's ROM and while its a very nice piece of work, its just not for me. Apps freeze and crash, too much system memory hogged up half the time. The cynaogenmod ROM I use supplies so much more control I had to go back to it. I look forward to trying out Mike's next update but will stick with my current ROM for now.

With an occasional pause now and again, I haven't had any programs crash. I'll leave my final verdict for Battery Drainage. With the Cyangenmod rom I was able to get almost 3 days of life with moderate usage (2g, wifi and gps) of pandora, games, maps, web, etc... After resetting battery stats I'll have to see how long I get with the same amount (or there abouts) of use. If I am only able to get 1 day, it's back to cyangenmod. :D

Back
Top Bottom