• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.3 Gingerbread Update?

JaeWeb

Does anyone know if the Gravity Smart will recieve the Gingerbread update? Just curious. Thanks all :)

do u think u can post the official rom on the website?
i accidently deleted my home....

An awesome member over at XDA forums named comoc85 dumped the /system/app/ folder before signing into anything and before any mods were performed..

what this means is, those that uninstalled apps or deleted them, and wish they could restore them, CAN...

[Q] Samsung Gravity Smart SGH-T589 - no roms? no kernels? no recoveries? - Page 2 - xda-developers

be sure to thank him :D

edit: direct download link --> systemappdump.rar

Hi I'm kinda new to android , I have rooted my phone of course. Does anyone have progress or news on upgrading from 2.2.2 froyo to 2.3 gingerbread? Any advice or news would be helpful. Thank you

not to sound like a jerk but , i just put cm7 os 2.3.7 on my friends crappy ideos u8150 last night mad :mad: ....if it can be done for that crappy phone , it can surely be done for the gravity smart right?

There's no technical reason that it can't run GB (or even ICS)... but it's a combo of being an unpopular phone and Samsung not giving a d**n. I'm looking into it and if I have any success, I'll post at thread here and @ XDA. I wouldn't hold your breath though ;)

well actually , thats the first clear post i have read on the subject , thank you , i dont know much about android really but , if help is needed just ask and ill see what i can do

has anyone tried getting our rom and exact specs into the android emulator for testing? it may be leading down an already taken or impossible path but it was just a thought

has anyone tried getting our rom and exact specs into the android emulator for testing? it may be leading down an already taken or impossible path but it was just a thought

The emulator is fairly worthless for ROM development, but I actually have a broken phone that I disassembled and found out that it uses very similar hardware to other phones (notably the Galaxy Ace). I'm trying to find a Gingerbread kernel source for the Ace that will actually compile but I'm not having a lot of luck. :(

Back
Top Bottom