• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.3 on eris

kninetimmy

Hey all new Eris not rooting. So is it just mine or does SD just not work in gingerbread yet? I love it but SD is major thing fo me.
-kninetimmy

I ment that I'm not new to rooting. I am running gingerbread right now and the sd wont work any way to fix or something

My SD card works fine in Gingerbread. You may want to make sure that the SD card has only one partition, formatted as FAT32 (which should be the default for any SD card.) If that SD card was previously partitioned into multiple partitions for use as apps2sd on a 2.1 based ROM, the Gingerbread (or Froyo) OS will not mount the card. (Well, I believe that there is a way, but you have to do some major work to get it that way.)

To get it back to one partition, if that is the issue, assuming Amon's Recovery:

- backup anything that you want to save on your SD card
- restart the phone in Recovery
- go to the Partition menu
- choose partition SD card
- set the size of both swap and ext2 partitions to 0 bytes

This will repartition the card into a single, formatted FAT32 partition that will be able to be mounted by Froyo/GB ROMs.

SD card should work fine in GB, you may want to just wipe to facotry reset, wipe cache, and reflash the GB rom you are using. IFthat doesn't work, might want to download whatever version you have again just in case you didn't pickup the last portion of the ROM and reflash. SD should definitely work fine. I've never had an issue with the SD card.

I am currently running Nonsen 16.1 any major differences between that and GSB?
Also does anyone have then link to the rom?
Thanks

I am currently running Nonsen 16.1 any major differences between that and GSB?
Also does anyone have then link to the rom?
Thanks

IMHO, there are a few major differences making GSB better:

- there has always been an issue with CyanogenMod based ROMs with GPS on the Eris, where a signal lock is lost after about 20 to 30 minutes use - sometimes faster. The issue was identified and has been fixed in GSB.

- there has always been an issue for many people with CyanogenMod ROMs on the Eris called the undead call problem - in the middle of a call, the Eris seems to drop the call, then immediately reconnect, though the other party will tell you that you were connected all of the time, including the time you were cursing when you thought the call was dropped. Erisuser1 found the problem, and has a patch that you can install in Nonsensikal if you wish, but the solution is integrated into GSB

- I get better battery life, all other things being equal, on GSB compared with the Eris Froyo ROMs.

GSB is here: [ROM][3/22/2011] GSB v2.2 | GingerBread 2.3.3 [CM7.0.0 RC2 NIGHTLY] - xda-developers (read the install instructions carefully - you must download a google apps package and flash that after flashing the ROM before you reboot the phone)

EU1's undead call patch: xda-developers - View Single Post - [SOLVED] Eris "Undead Call" Problem (AOSP/Froyo/GB) Fixed!

What's the undead
Cell patch?

IMHO, there are a few major differences making GSB better:

- there has always been an issue for many people with CyanogenMod ROMs on the Eris called the undead call problem - in the middle of a call, the Eris seems to drop the call, then immediately reconnect, though the other party will tell you that you were connected all of the time, including the time you were cursing when you thought the call was dropped. Erisuser1 found the problem, and has a patch that you can install in Nonsensikal if you wish, but the solution is integrated into GSB

here ya go :)

Back
Top Bottom