• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 Problems I need fixed NOW

TheSpecs

Lurker
OK, so I got 2 problems that I need sorted asap because I'm going away tomorrow night...
I got the phone just the other day and I love it, I really do, but there's issues...

Problemo numero uno : The phone keeps charging me over a euro during the night. WHY?! A conclusion I've come to is that my room upstairs gets no internet signal and so there's no wifi. So facebook or "timescape" is charging me extra for their whatever I think. Can anyone else explain this? I'm pretty sure I'm on a proce plan with O2 that's giving me free texts to any network, but even if that wasn't the case I haven't made any texts or calls that could account for this expenditure.
If anyone knows why this is could they tell me how to make it stop charging me. I'm pretty sure it's the wifi, so is there some setting I can change to make the internet completely shut off when there is no wifi in the area??
Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Problemo numero dos : I can't add music onto my phone. I have the phone hooked up to my laptop and I drag and drop the files into the "music" section in the phone card's folder but when I look for it it's not there!
Now I really just want this music for ringtones so I don't mind if I can't access it purely for listening.
Don't ask me to bluetooth or whatever, my laptop isn't a fan...Piece of shit...
Help on this matter asap would be great.

Problem solving for question numero uno:
settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > turn off data traffic.. It wont charge you anymore i guess.. same thing happened to me and after doing the above, my wallet is at peace :)

Another question for the second problem, did you check for the Music files whilst it was till connected to the PC? I know it sounds silly but this is commonly an issue where people forget that the card is still mounted to the PC and as such the data will not show on the phone till it is disconnected.

Back
Top Bottom