• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 q's, folders and deleting stock apps

steve2012

Lurker
Jan 15, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just got my shiny new Xperia mini pro and I have two quick questions.

First of all, how do you create folders within the menu? I know how to create folders on the homescreen system, but when you click in and get the 8 pages of apps etc, how do you create a folder there? Somebody mentioned in this subforum about a long press and shortcut... but I tried and can't make sense of that as a long press just tries to add it to the homescreen. Somebody else said to use the PC configuration tool but I can't see an obvious place to create a folder in there, there is no folder with all those icons from my menu in etc and a test folder in the root of the SD card did not show up.

Also, how do you delete stock apps? Or I would be happy to just delete their icon from the 8 screen menu to be honest! I just don't want a load of junk I don't use taking up space, I can move them to the back page, but that seems a waste when I don't want them on there at all.

Thank you in advance!

Steve

On the stock menu it is not possible to create folders in the menu. For this you will need to use a Launcher app from the Market.

And for your second question it is not possible to uninstall nor remove the icon of a pre-installed app from the phone. You could however use a Launcher app that gives you that option. For example I use one called Go Launcher EX and it has the Hide Icon option once on the app menu.

Reactions: steve2012
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones